Thursday 5 August 2021
NSW Health has announced a snap seven day lockdown for Newcastle.
Our store will be closed for the duration of the lockdown except for click and collect sales and repairs that are essential to keeping your transport bike running.
Our doors will be closed so please phone or email to arrange no-contact service. We’ll be operating with minimum staff, working reduced hours, so please be patient if it takes longer than usual for us to reply to you.
Thanks. Stay safe.
Monday 28 June 2021
Measures to limit the spread of Covid 19 have once again been re-introduced in NSW. We’re endeavouring to minimise disruption to our services while helping to protect our customers, staff and community.
To minimise movement, try shopping via our website or give us a call to see if we can assist you over the phone.
When visiting our shop, face masks must be worn (kids under 12 are exempt). We must limit the number of people in our store – you may have to wait for assistance. Please use hand sanitiser provided and avoid touching items in the store. Please maintain social distancing (1.5m) and ensure your children stay with you.
Mechanical services are limited to servicing bikes we’ve sold and conducting essential, quick repairs to keep your bike moving. Please call to book-in
Thanks for your understanding and support
Monday 22 March 2021
It’s one year on and Newcastle residents have been lucky to avoid major disruption associated with Covid-19, but we spare a thought for those elsewhere who have been less fortunate. With no local cases recorded for a while and vaccines rolling out, restrictions have eased but we still need to avoid complacency.
- please stay at home if you feel unwell or think you may have encountered others who are unwell (feel free to contact us by alternative methods)
- maintain social distancing whilst in the store
- cover coughs and sneezes
- wear a mask if you are vulnerable or there is an outbreak nearby
- hand sanitiser is available upon request
Impacts on servicing and operations
As the Covid-19 situation evolves, we are adapting to continue to serve our community the best we can.
We love that there has been a huge uptake in cycling recently. It’s why we do what we do. However, this has also led to a massive increase in inquiries, servicing requests and store visitors. The disruption to production and shipping combined with a spike in cycling uptake has also led to a worldwide shortage of bikes, bike parts and accessories. Pre-ordering, long lead times and continually changing ETAs has greatly increased the administrative tasks for much of the industry. We expect this to continue through 2021.
We are a small, local, family-operated business, there is only so much that we can do in a day. As such, we have made some changes to ensure we can continue to keep as many people rolling as possible.
- We now only offer full servicing for bikes that we have sold.
- We will however continue to help out as many people as we can can with minor work such as puncture repairs, new tyres and accessory installation.
- Please ensure you book ahead before dropping your bike off for servicing. During busy periods we may be booking well ahead.
- Whilst we aim to turn around servicing as quickly as possible and try to do quick repairs on the spot, we are not always able to. We appreciate your patience.
- After completing assembly or servicing, we will send you a text when your bike is ready to collect.
- We have limited storage space so we appreciate if you can pick up your bike within a day or so after receiving advice it is ready to collect.
- We are receiving a significantly higher number of enquiries from all over Australia so we may not always make it to the phone immediately and answer your email immediately, but we WILL get back to you. Please leave a message with the key important details (including size requirements for bike availability). The current disruptions to the supply chain mean that we often need to make a number of enquiries to confirm stock availability and ETAs. Many of our suppliers are only responding to emails so we may be waiting for answers.
Thank you for your continued understanding and suppport,
from all the team at Metro Cycles.
Monday 30th March 2020
In these unprecedented times, we’re doing our best to keep our community mobile while protecting the safety of our customers, staff and the wider public.
As such, we’ve had to update our previous procedures to further minimise the risk of spread and uphold social distancing.
You can help us help you by following these guidelines:
- Contacting us: please use our website contact form, Facebook Messages, phone (02 4962 1060 | 0458 621 062) or email (email@example.com) if it’s not necessary for you to visit the store. This will help us to serve everyone as quickly as possible and maintain social distancing.
- Servicing: is by booking only, no walk-ins. At these times we must prioritise transport bikes and warranty/included servicing of bikes we’ve sold.
- Buying accessories: we recommend browsing our selection on our website or making contact to discuss your needs. We’re unable to have customers browsing in store at this time. We can add any products to our website for you if they’re not there already and have your purchase ready to collect or shipped to your door. If you visit in person, we can help you as soon as we’re free and bring any products to the front for you to view.
- Buying bikes: we can help you narrow your selection online or over the phone before visiting the store. Test rides are by appointment only, one customer/couple at any time.
- Stay kind: we know our community is filled with awesome people. Your continued support and understanding that we’re doing our best to serve you as quickly and safely as we can is greatly appreciated!
The team at Metro Cycles