Terms & Conditions
This document details the Terms and Conditions that govern your use of metrocycles.com.au and by using it you acknowledge that you have read these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them once you commence using the website. If you would like assistance at any time please contact the metrocycles.com.au team.
In these Terms and Conditions “we” and “us” mean Metro Cycles, ABN 74 865 873 439. and includes its directors, shareholders, officers, employees, consultants or assigns. Be aware that at any time, and at our sole discretion we may vary these Terms and Conditions so please check them regularly for changes.
All Personal Information submitted on metrocycles.com.au is secured using the latest Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) premium encryption technology.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall we or any of our subsidiaries or agents be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages and to the extent permitted by law and we do not accept any liability for any damage or injury caused by the use or misuse of products purchased from us. We make no warranty as to whether any of the products or services on our website will meet your requirements and you expressly indemnify us in the instance that they may not meet your particular requirements.
For the avoidance of doubt our liability is limited to the replacement or repair of the goods, the supply of equivalent goods, the cost of replacing or repairing the goods or the cost of obtaining equivalent goods.
Copyright & Content
All content on our website including but not limited to logos, images, copy, text and general layout is protected by copyright and may not be used without express permission from us or any relevant third party copyright owners.
We use our best endeavours to ensure that all information on our website is accurate at the time of publication however we do not make any representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the information and are not responsible for any errors or omissions. In addition we are not responsible for the opinions and behaviour of suppliers and are not liable for any offensive conduct or defamatory statements on their part.
Consent to Communications from us
By placing an order with us, whether as a registered customer or guest, you agree that we may collect, use, disclose, and keep Personal Information for the purposes of fulfilling your order. The use of Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, sending emails to keep you informed of the status of your order. You might also be prompted to subscribe to our newsletters and special offers; the decision for opting in or opting out to receive these newsletters is entirely up to your discretion.
We respect your rights to not receive these communications and if you advise us of this we will adjust your account accordingly. Every newsletter we send includes a clear link to unsubscribe in the footer and once unsubscribed you will no longer receive them unless you re-subscribe at a later date.
Privacy & Security of Personal Information
All Personal Information submitted on Metrocycles.com.au is secured using the latest Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) premium encryption technology.
Credit card payments are processed through eWay; Metrocycles.com.au does not store any of your credit card or financial information on our servers, therefore ensuring the highest level of protection for you.
We collect information from buyers on our site during online purchasing, to enable a faster and more streamlined purchasing experience. The personal information we collect will typically be used to assist Metro Cycles in fulfilling your order as quickly as possible, as well as offer you special promotional offers and exciting product opportunities from time to time.
Payment & Shipping
All purchases must be paid in full prior to shipping and we reserve the right to cancel any orders in the event we suspect the payment method to be fraudulent.
To protect credit card holders from fraud we use state of the art fraud prevention systems. If your selected payment type triggers one of these systems it may put your order on hold and instigate a verification system to confirm the validity of your order. As part of these systems we may make a small charge to the credit card used to pay for your order, which is immediately refunded. We will then ask you to supply details of this transaction to verify you are the true card account holder.
When paying via Bank Deposit use your “Order Number” or “Your Name” as the deposit identifier. Putting the name of a purchased item or terms such as “Order Payment” or “Tyres” may cause your order to be delayed until we can match the funds to your order. If a Bank Deposit payment is not received into our account within 5 business days the order will be cancelled.
By purchasing from Metrocycles.com.au you are entering into a contract and may not rescind payment via PayPal or Credit Card charge back in the event of late or damaged delivery.
While we make every effort to deliver all items to you quickly we are not responsible for delays caused by Australia Post or other couriers we may use.
Some products we offer for sale may be pre-order items or items that are not immediately available from our supplier. We supply an estimated dispatch date and will generally inform you of excessive delays but are not liable for any direct or indirect damages caused by any delay.
At the discretion of Metro Cycles, laybys of up to three months may be approved for in-store purchase of bikes or products >$500 with Terms and Conditions to be agreed at the time of purchase. Where no agreement is provided, our standard Terms and Conditions will apply.
The shipping charges calculated in our shopping cart are based on rates that cover 94% of the Australian population. In the instance that your delivery address is a location that is designated as ‘remote’ by our shipping provider, we reserve the right to append a ‘Remote Shipping Surcharge’ to your order. We will always contact you prior to shipping your order to discuss any additional charges prior to shipping your order.
Some of the items we sell may be available in very limited quantity. While we endeavour to ensure items are in stock at the time of advertising there may be occasions when an item has sold out. In the event that an item (either promotional or regular stock) has sold out we may, at our total discretion, offer a refund, offer to source the product, offer a substitute product, or take other corrective action.
Returns, Exchanges and Warranty
- We make all efforts to ensure that goods are well packaged so they arrive undamaged. If you have any delivery problems or if the package has been damaged in transit, please email our customer service team with pictures of the damaged packaging prior to opening, as well as the damaged product, so that we can follow up with the freight company.
- To the extent that is practical for the type of product and product packaging, we check items for damage and completeness prior to despatch. In the event that you receive a faulty product, please email our customer service team with images and outlining the nature of the issue.
- For approved returns of faulty, incorrectly supplied or damaged items, original and return shipping fees will be covered by Metro Cycles. Most parcels will be returned using Australia Post, however there may be some exceptions for oversize items due to post limitations.
- For returns relating to a change of mind, freight in both directions is the responsibility of the customer.
- Returned items must be received within 30 days of receiving your item, in original condition, not used, including all packaging, product tags, labels, instructions & parts.
- Approval for the return of bikes or special orders (eg. of non-stock items) due to change of heart, is at the full discretion of Metro Cycles. If approved, we may retain 10% of the purchase price to cover administration, overheads and other costs.
- Metro Cycles will usually process returns and exchanges within three (3) working days of receiving the returned items.
- For warranties, please refer to the product warranty period commencing from the date of successful receipt.
- Refunds will usually be processed within three (3) working days of approval.
- Refunds can only be made back to the payment method used for your order.
- Any refunds for items purchased using a discount coupon/voucher will be credited at the net purchase price as shown on your order confirmation email.
- Please allow up to five (5) days after Metro Cycles has completed your refund for your financial institution to take receipt of the refund into your account.
- For bikes or special orders of non-stock items we may, at our discretion, require a 10% non-refundable deposit to confirm the intended purchase of the item.
- For bikes or special orders of non-stock items we may, at our discretion, retain 10% of the purchase price to cover the cost of administration and overheads related to the cancelled purchase or returned item.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.