Friday 24 April 2020
As the Covid-19 situation continues evolving, we’re adapting to continue to serve our community the best we can.
We love that there has been a huge uptake in cycling recently. It’s why we do what we do. However, this has also led to a massive increase in inquiries, servicing requests and store visitors.
We’re trying to keep up, but as a small, local, family-operated business, there is only so much that we can do in a day. As such, we’re making some changes so that we can continue to keep as many people rolling as possible.
- We’re only able to service bikes that we’ve sold, we’ll continue to assist with minor work where we can but please be aware that we’re completely inundated and far beyond capacity at the moment
- We’re switching to the answering machine, so please leave a message, we WILL get back to you
Why we’ve made these changes:
We include servicing with the bikes we sell and we need to ensure that we can deliver on what was promised. As such we’ve had to stop taking on servicing for bikes that weren’t purchased from us.
We want to help keep you on your bike and we’ll do our best to help with minor work like punctures and quick adjustments. Please note, we’re unable to do this on the spot due to our workload and may not have space to store your bike to ‘do it when we can’. We appreciate your understanding that we’re doing the best we can in these crazy times.
Due to the sheer number of phone calls we’re receiving, we haven’t had the chance to find answers to your questions and get back to you before the next call comes in.
Please leave a message so that we’re freed up to work more effectively. This way, we can look into it for you and call you back much quicker, rather than being tied to the phone.
We’re checking messages and responding frequently throughout the day.
Thank you for your continued understanding and suppport,
The team at Metro Cycles
Monday 30th March 2020
In these unprecedented times, we’re doing our best to keep our community mobile while protecting the safety of our customers, staff and the wider public.
As such, we’ve had to update our previous procedures to further minimise the risk of spread and uphold social distancing.
You can help us help you by following these guidelines:
- Contacting us: please use our website contact form, Facebook Messages, phone (02 4962 1060 | 0458 621 062) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if it’s not necessary for you to visit the store. This will help us to serve everyone as quickly as possible and maintain social distancing.
- Servicing: is by booking only, no walk-ins. At these times we must prioritise transport bikes and warranty/included servicing of bikes we’ve sold.
- Buying accessories: we recommend browsing our selection on our website or making contact to discuss your needs. We’re unable to have customers browsing in store at this time. We can add any products to our website for you if they’re not there already and have your purchase ready to collect or shipped to your door. If you visit in person, we can help you as soon as we’re free and bring any products to the front for you to view.
- Buying bikes: we can help you narrow your selection online or over the phone before visiting the store. Test rides are by appointment only, one customer/couple at any time.
- Stay kind: we know our community is filled with awesome people. Your continued support and understanding that we’re doing our best to serve you as quickly and safely as we can is greatly appreciated!
The team at Metro Cycles
Monday 23rd March 2020
As with most small businesses during the current Covid-19 outbreak, we’re doing our best to be there for our clients, whilst still prioritising the health and safety of our community and staff.
As such, we’re still working out the finer details on how we can best serve you going forward.
We’re still open our normal hours (weekdays 8am-6pm and Saturdays 9am-2pm) but are prioritising essential repairs in the workshop for bikes which are booked in advance. We currently have a two week wait for new bookings. We’ll still do our best to repair punctures and minor work as quickly as we can or help you out if your bike is essential transport during these times.
We ask that you help us uphold best safety practices while in the store. Such as:
- staying home if you feel unwell or think you may have encountered others who are unwell (feel free to call us instead on 02 4962 1060)
- maintain social distancing
- touch as few things as possible
- we have hand sanitiser available if required while in store
So, what’s next?
Like everyone, we’re playing it by ear. We’ll continue to keep you updated here and on our social media channels. We realise that for many in our community, now more than ever, a bicycle can be an essential part of your life. We’re going to do our best to keep you rolling during these times whilst minimising any risk to you, the community and our staff.
Thank you for your continued support and safe travels.