Gilles Berthoud Saddle – Aspin Leather Touring
Classic, made in France, leather touring saddle with modern features. 278mm x 157mm. Thick natural vegetable tanned leather. Pre-softened to shorten the break-in period.
A classic style leather touring saddle, made in France by the venerable Gilles Berthoud company, with modern features. The thick natural vegetable tanned leather is pre-softened to shorten the break-in period, and the polymer blackplate is strong but flexible for comfort, with saddle bag loops.
All Berthoud saddles feature long rails for a wide range of setback adjustment. Tension adjustment of the leather is made with a 5mm allen key, (no special tool required).
- No risk of damaging your cycling shorts or your skin! Backplate made of technical material providing solidity and flexibility for maximum comfort.
- Loops for a saddle bag. Grooves and threaded inserts for a Klick-Fix system.
- Easy to disassemble thanks to an ingenious system of stainless steel bolts which fit into special-shaped brass washers. The cone-shaped washers fit snuggly into the leather avoiding any risk of damage.
- Rails made of polished stainless spring steel.The rails have a relatively long straight part giving saddle setback adjustment.
- Patented tension system. No special tool is required to adjust the tension, a 5mm Allen key is enough.
- Each saddle is individually marked with an unique serial number etched on the brass washer on top of the nose.
- 278mm Long, 157mm wide
Our on-line products are just a selection of our in-store range. Can't see what you want? Contact us anytime.