Quality, Affordable Mechanical Services
- Our team of bike mechanics are skilled professionals that take pride in their work. We are the region’s most experienced e-bike, commuter and cargo bike service centre. We’ll offer the best options for your bike – whether its a high-end road bike or hardworking commuter.
- We deliver prompt, efficient service at an affordable price.
- We understand the value of clear communication. We’ll discuss your needs and budget and provide clear explaination of the work we’ll do, the cost and the time to complete.
Workshop Schedule and Bookings
Updated – February 2020
- We are currently experiencing a very high demand for workshop and service bookings, so we’re unable to offer our usual quick turn-around. If you’ve bought a bike from us, we’ll endeavour to service it as quickly as possible but it may not be within our normal 48hr turn-around. If it’s not a bike that we’ve sold, we may not be able to book a service for you for at least the next few weeks. Please contact us to make a booking and we’ll do our best to keep you rolling.
- For quick, simple jobs, like puncture repairs we’ll endeavour to repair them while you wait or same day. Saturdays may depend on the demand that day as we only have limited mechanical staff available on the weekend.
- Our mechanical staff work Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm so you can drop your bike off before work and collect it on the way home.
- We can provide a courtesy bike so you can keep riding while we work on yours.
Every bike is different – we’ll provide an estimate of the time and cost to complete each job when you bring your bike in. We offer standard labour charges for routine jobs and will advise you of the additional cost of any parts required before commencing.
Indicative rates for common jobs (excluding parts) include:
|Assemble boxed bike||$60 to $90|
|Replace or patch a tube / fit a tyre||$10 to $15|
|Replace brake / gear cable
Replace brake pad pair
|Bleed hydraulic brake||$30|
|Replace one or several spokes||$10 to $25|
|Replace bottom bracket||$30|
General Service. To keep your bike running well, we recommend an annual general service which includes:
|50 point check and detailed condition report|
|Adjust gears and brakes|
|Clean and lubricate chain, bearings, pivots|
|Replace cables, brake pads, chain etc as required (parts not included)|
|Minor wheel tension and true.|
New bike – free servicing All new bikes sold by Metro Cycles include free servicing:
|Purchase price||Included servicing (excl. non-warranty parts)|
|Up to $1000||1 x service, at 3-6 months|
|$1000 to $2000||2 x services, at 3-6 and 12 months|
|Over $2000||3 x services, at 3-6, 12 and 24 months|